To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Friday, December 08, 2006 5:03 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 240D valve Adjust procedure?

I've never done it before. I'm not sure what to do with the 3rd
wrench. I've ordered in the CD from Mercedes (thanks Marshall). I'm
picking up the car next weekend. It's been sitting for ~ 5 years, but
the guy said it started up and moved and stopped okay. Any suggestions
as to parts and tools I might need would be appreciated. I'm planning
on bringing ATF, oil, fuel, steering, and air filters. Will be
changing all fluids too. I'll check timing chain stretch, but won't be
able to do anything about that if it needs it until I get it home.

If the transmission fluid looks like chocolate syrup, I'll do several
fluid changes using generic $7/gallon ATF every 200 miles or so until
it runs clear, then switch to M1 ATF. Sound okay?

Thanks

-Dave Walton
87SDL, 94S350, 99E300

Dave do you need guidance the 616 engine valve adjusting procedure should be
the same as my 1979 240D/Regards

Tom Scordato