Advance Auto is $71.88 (type 49) with 3-year replacement.

-Dave Walton
87SDL, 94S350, 99E300

On 12/13/06, Mitch Haley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>  What should I get?  Parts store says they have a "240D' battery in
> stock 850 Cold Cranking Amp. is that enough?
> (Whatever battery I get must fit in the tray.)

I believe the group 49 I bought for my 300SD was 1000CA/850CCA, so
it's probably the same battery you were quoted.
The alternative is to get a gelled cell (Orbital or Optima)
which won't vent acidic fumes that rust out your firewall.
What was your price quote?
Advance and Autozone have decent ones for about $70 IIRC.
MBZ factory battery should be in the low $1xx range if you
can get a good deal.

Mitch.