From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Black, Waylon
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 5:53 PM
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Subject: [MBZ] FIXED! Re: FW: How to tell a non-turbo from a turbo diesel?

And the winner is?

ALDA.

Seems the 'professional' mechanic could remember to hook the hose from
the ALDA to the 'relay' but threw away the hose from the 'relay' to the
intake manifold. I used my 300 SD to compare.

What is the purpose of the 'relay'? I have bypassed mine for the moment.

I hooked up a piece of hose from the intake barb to the ALDA and went
for a quick blast.

Much better!

Came back home to see a long black streak on the road(about 30 feet
long). It's not what your thinking, see below.

I noticed that when I left I made a LOT of black smoke - enough to leave
a 30 ft long black line of soot on the road. It only happened the one
time and has been great since(stuck ALDA?).

Thanks for the answers - got me motivated enough to get my lazy arse
under the hood. I've been driving it this way since I got it(about 9
months and 18K miles).

Waylon Black
Little Elm, Texas