I think that gel cells require a more gentle charging than wet cells.
If this is true, the trolling motor batteries should do fine.

On 12/17/06, Mitch Haley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

OK Don wrote:

> I just replaced the batteries in my APC Smart UPS 2200. It uses 8 12
> volt batteries, series parallel at 24V. The batteries are Panasonic
> LC-R127R2P. The best deal I found was at Portable Power Systems, Inc.
> - http://www.gotbatteries.com/

12v, 7AH, $20.50x8.
I wonder what two trolling motor batteries of 40+AH would cost?
And if wet cells would enjoy the charging regime of the UPS?

--
OK Don, KD5NRO
Norman, OK