> <<Supposedly, and confirmed by Chuck, a call/email/visit to the Apple store
> can net us interaction with fluent English speakers with good social skills
> and real solutions. That's what I need.>>

I too have used the Genius desk (OK, it's a goofy term) several times,
booking an appointment online in the morning for a PM time. My questions have
been
answered   without regard for time spent and I've been given info and software
on disk with no cost whatever.

Trying to even ask a question at CompUSA's service counter is to get the
brushoff. The point is, without good service and technical backup, even the
finest
product is of no value.

Which is why I drive a Mercedes.

RLE