Happy New Year all.

Did my brake replacement over the weekend.  4 new calipers and all new
hoses, and new rotors on the front.  Braking is MUCH improved -- so
smooth, no grabbing, vibrating, etc.  Pedal which had been very firm
now feels "normal".

Another problem has emerged, however, and that is that the pre-glow
system has quit working.  When the problem started, the glow light
would illuminate intermittently (i.e. it would illuminate on some
starts, but not on others).  Now the light does not illuminate at all,
and cold starting has become difficult.  I've not been stranded yet,
thanks to the mild winter we've been having, but morning starts are
very difficult and I fear that I am putting a lot of wear on the
starter.

For now I'm using the block heater but need to get the glow system
working again.

I measured resistance on all the glow plugs and they are all reading
0.3 ohms on my little Radio Shack digital multimeter.  The fusible
link is intact (but is of unknown age).

What steps should I take to track this down?

Allan
--
1983 300D
1966 230