Zoltan Finks wrote:
> Any word on whether Washington state requires vehicle inspections? Or are
> all you WA guys boycotting me because I'm getting ready to add two more
> people to your paradise?

No vehicle inspection except an emissions test.  The diesel emissions
test is ridiculously permissive.  Make sure the car is good and warmed
up before you go and it'll pass easily.

All joking aside, I've found people here to be extremely friendly, but
sometimes a little defensive of their home state.  Californians are
generally also of the strong opinion that California is the best place
in the universe, and I suspect that's what's caused a lot of the
conflicts with transplanted Californians.  As a transplant from the
Midwest, I have nothing to prove and I get along fine.

You'll find that transportation policy here is a complete mess.
Everyone's petrified that we'll turn into L.A. so any move to expand
freeway capacity gets met with heavy resistance.