Chris Kueny wrote:
> It was illegal here in SC until the '70's, if not later.
>
> Chris Kueny ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
> 78 Chevy Custom deluxe
> '85 300TD
> '02 Subaru Outback
>

>   I've always found it striking that the arguments
>>> against gay marriage are mostly the same ones that were used against
>>> interracial marriage, back when that was illegal.
>> When was interracial marriage illegal?

It was called "miscegenation" and it was illegal in many states. The
first such law was enacted in Maryland in 1661.  The US Supreme Court
shot down miscegenation laws in all states in 1967. The only state NOT
to seek to enact a miscegenation law was Vermont.

None the less, some states were so racist that they would not remove the
 anti-miscegenation statutes from their books. Alabama finally voted to
take its statute off the books in 2000.

Lee