In a message dated 1/10/2007 12:51:21 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I had my  '84 300D AC converted to R134 ~ 10 years ago and, other than having
to get a  recharge every 2-3 years as the car sat garaged during those
winters, I  haven't noticed any odors.  The only problem I see with R134 is
that the
 system needs to be topped up in order to work efficiently enough, otherwise
it'll barely keep up when in the high 80'sF.
G. M.  Brown

GM

Be very sure your topping off includes a couple ounces of oil, else the
compressor will die when the leak finally carries the last of your oil away.

Jim  Friesen
Phoenix AZ
79 300SD, 264 K miles
98 ML 320, 147 K  miles