> <<In looking into this, plus reading notes on the internet it says to use a
> pick or allen wrench on the lower flange of the wiper rod housing at the 5
> and 7 o'clock position stick in hole to unlatch the housing. I'll note there
> are two holes there, plus what looks like two stainless steel screw ends
> flush
> to the housing.........>>

It just so happens that I wrote that piece on how to remove the cover to lube
the wiper which was the procedure for my '89. It was posted on the
Ritter/Easley site (before Ritter hijacked it) but we found out later that
other years
and models were much more difficult to disassemble. Leave it to the Germans.
When you look at the slides (if you ever get the cover off) you will probably
come to the conclusion as I did that any watery lube is going to have short
life
because of the rod length. I've had a tube of Sil-Glyde around for decades
and used that. It's quite viscous and will never run off. It fixed the problem
for the remaining time I owned that car.

RLE