On our drive across CO and KS a couple weeks ago, on pack ice and snow, a lot a them western cowboys showed the same skills with their pickemups, along with the Tahoe/Suburban/Lexus crowd. "We're OK honey, we have FOUR WHEEL DRIVE!" (but no-wheel stop!)

I tried to maintain about 200ft to the car in front of me, but invariably some jerk would get up on my bumper, trying to push me to get closer. Then when I wasn't moving closer, he would pass on the really bad side, where no one was driving, then cut in front of me and go get up on the bumper of the car in front. Then I would see him hit his brakes and watch the rear end start to come loose -- so I would drop back a bit more.

{Snow is a solvent on the glue of society in DC)

--R

andrew strasfogel wrote:
It's snowing here in D.C.  Watch those spolied eastern cowboys show
off their skill driving SUVs on slick roads.  Yee hah!