Yes! I still didn't get the original post, but that's okay. The name Mandy
Moore came up and I remembered something that I heard many months ago on one
of the late night talk shows, I think Conan:

She mentioned briefly that she had recently gotten an "old diesel" that was
in great shape and it ran on vegetable oil. And she did mention in passing
that it was a Mercedes. I told my wife about it the next day.

No, I really don't know who Mandy is either, except for the fact that she
has done both music and acting.

Brian

> <<I think that makes them both well-qualified to comment on any and all
> political issues, especially having to do with energy, oil, etc. They
are like,
> you know, experts!>>

Well, Letterman has an automotive connection but who-is-mandy-moore?

RLE