Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 18:35:35 -0500 (EST)
From: "John W. Reames III" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] "special bolts"
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007, Curt Raymond wrote:

> I had an '88 S15 Jimmy. Not fast at all with the 2.8l v6 but
resonably economical at ~25mpg, mine had a 5spd manual so it wasn't a total
dog.
> We put 155,000 on it before the body was falling off. I got $1000
trade from it on my Dakota which now has 193,000 miles and is starting to
be really hit by the tin worm.
Ick. That 2.8 was BAD mojo. It was used in Cherokees prior to the 4.0L
being available. Features included bad RMS, milling the block to accept
an
upgraded RMS and... halt-and-catch-fire (as seen on junkyard wars) mode
of
operation.
-j.

---------------------------------
From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Sat Jan 27 14:59:37 2007
From: "Ralph W" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 09:53:50 -0500
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Source for glove box lid

I think I can help. Contact me off list.

Ralph W.
'83 300CD     '82 300TD (2 parts wagons)
'90 300D       '01 E320 Wagon
'87 300TD