Yes, I was on the way to pick up my daughter, saw the CDI, then a few minutes later was sitting in traffic near her school and saw the Bluetec and the Checker. The Checker pulled into her (Catholic girl's, oops, young womyn's) high school lot to pick up another girl (scratch that, young womin?), who my daughter knows, then left about the same time and was in front/behind me at various times with the high-beams on and no lane-change signals. I won't go into that whole aspect as it was a topic of discussion on the way home, and I was berated by the child unit for my lack of sensitivity to "womyn's issues" though through my questioning I was trying to become more, uh, educated, on the subject matter (including disuse of vehicular lighting as a demonstration of incipient goddesshood and vehicular selection), which ultimately proved unsuccessful due my digression into "uncomfortable" areas, which might have included things about which there is nothing wrong (she plugged her ears and went "LALALALA" to terminate that topic). The Bluetec proceeded on past the school, emitting nothing that I could observe either ocularly, otolly, or nasally.

Her school is in an area known as the new Chinatown (street signs in Chinese and some awesome restaurants and stores), the area is crazy with Benzes (as is Houston in general), the folks of Chinese-ancestry are "driving" a lot of them, which is another whole topic I probably should not address either as I have been berated on my practical and anecdotal observations in that regard as well (mostly in terms of educating her in the defensive driving arts), as experienced, nearly directly and personally multiple times, in both the parking lot of her school and the immediate vicinity.

I drive Brunnhilde there to get her occasionally, and once she learns to drive she will too. My son drove the TD to the boys school when he attended, which is next door, so it has been around there quite a bit.

--R

Chuck Landenberger wrote:
Rich,

Did all of this happen in the same part of town???

Take care,

Chuck
Phoenix, AZ