On inspection of my Engine block ( OM617) after having come back from
the engineers I see the one dowel pin between head and block was bent
over at about 5 deg. This resulted in the hole for the pin being
slightly elongated and this in fact has made the adjacent cylinder out
of round - the metal having pushed its way towards the cylinder. Took
this back to engineers who are considering making the top of the
cylinder true again . What I am concerned about is the metal fatigue /
weakening of the block that may have resulted - also I'm sure the block
must be slightly distorted - will you ever be able to put another sleeve
in there ? Has anyone ever remachine the core block on a Om 61x engine??
Peter