I do basically the same. My wood stove burns every night it's cold & I
consider wood the ultimate renewable resource.

It's what we do.  On our place, pine trees are weeds.  Sure grow like
'em, they even sprout out of the rocks.

And regarding replacing older vehicles with newer fuel efficient models. Has anyone calculated the environmental impact of manufacturing a new car? Even with recycled steel, I'd bet that just the energy cost is equal to hundreds
if not thousands of gallons of gas.

Lacking a better model, one could do worse than just translate
the price into fuel.  Figure maybe 10,000 gallons of fuel.

That'll run my Frankenheap 300,000 miles.

-- Jim