Brian - 1st, keep in mind that I am retired and an early riser - and enjoy
the physical contact.
#1  My bride of 32 years would rather stay up late and sleep until noon, but
has to leave for work by 7:30 AM.  One of the things I have done for her is
become her alarm clock for a time - only I use a back rub.  10 - 20 minutes
every morning.  We both enjoyed it enough that it lasted for a year [4
months out now because of botched surgery and a fall breaking her humerus in
5 places, and she still can't relax on her stomach].  I'd suggest a week to
start.  I also found lotion with the fragrance of her favorite perfume
[pretty cheap on eBay], but that does start to cost.
#2  Another cheap and appreciated thing is flowers. Where I live there are
flowers in the yard year around [had to take a foot off some Impatients last
week], and one in an appropriate container in her car in the morning is a
nice touch.  That won't work this time of year for many because of that
pesky white stuff that tends to drop from the sky, but a stop in a field of
flowers on occasion when you can is also a nice touch at other times.
#3  I assume you already pre-warm her car on cold days - which is even
appreciated down here when it drops down below 50.
#4  Once more, being retired makes it easier, but I take flowers to her
office every week, and we date every Friday, complete with my asking her out
like I did when we were dating.  Sometimes that is at home with a nice set
up and a dinner I cook or one we cook together.
        As many have discovered, what you invest your time and interest in
becomes what you love [that is even biblical...].  That investment in your
spouse is even more important than the invested time / energy / money in
your Benz.  To turn around the often used phrase, when momma is happy,
everybody is happy - especially me.
        By the way, I'm getting mine an immersion stick blender.  Not
especially romantic [I think I have that convered already] and cheap enough,
but something she wants [I listen to her], and a hand made card is easy and
cheap, and means you cared more than walking into a store and buying the
first card you saw.
Good Luck - BillR

BillR
Jacksonville FL