[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Great idea Rich!; i don't recall the resister value to use from 13-14
> volts to voltage of leds; that & the reflective foil might be interesting
> to try??

I believe the blues and whites are usually in the 3.5-4V range, the voltage
and current specs should come with the LEDs. The resistor value would depend
on the current rating of the emitter. You'd want to figure the resistance for
about a 10-11V drop (or put several LEDs in series). I suspect the car's
voltage regulator and dash lamp rheostat could drive 5 or 6 LEDs in series.

Mitch.