To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2007 12:08 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

It has - my son doesn't see any magic in it at all, he has IM, doesn't
see any need for a radio. He describes calling CQ as picking up the
phone, dialing a random number, and seeing who answers. I agreed, and
asked what's strange about that?

Amateur radio might get a bit of pick-up, the Morse code requirement
expires Feb. 24th.
It's also the only way you can talk to the International Space Station
as it soars overhead --