> Hendrik Reissen'd
>
> <<The sooner Daimler-Benz gets rid of Chrysler, the better. I mean, that 300C
would have to be the ugliest thing on the planet (it's like a shoebox on
wheels) and I can't see how Chrysler has added anything to DB, except for
cheapening the brand.>>

> You know, I really don't know why you are so excited about anything they
> do, considering that you are not a Mercedes customer. Perhaps you have stock
> in
> the company? Unless you have purchased a new car from an MB dealer or buy
> your parts from one, you are somebody else's customer and none of your money
> is
> flowing into their coffers.

As to the 300C, have you ever seen one? I wonder.

Around here, they have sold well and I think it's because off their unusual
design. In a dark color, particularly with larger aftermarket wheels, they are
quite an eye-catcher. I have also taken note that the shut lines and paint
quality are very good. Maybe not Audi-like, but excellent for a North American
built car. And the price is surprisingly lower than you might expect.

So, you hate them. So what? They are not my taste either but I'm willing to
admit that Chrysler has come up with a winner. And considering the dreck they
used to produce, this is a good sign for a struggling American company.

The other DC product that is selling well is the Sprinter. Not only Fedex,
DHL and UPS sales, but also lots of ordinary truck buyers. They are everywhere.

RLE