I am intersted

Howard Fulford wrote:
On 16 Feb, Eric wrote :
Well I couldn't resist anymore and bought one of those reserve fuel cans
that fit inside the spare you see all the time on ebay. Now that I have it I
was wondering if someone could share the story behind them with me. This is
the can that fits in the spare wheel, what applications originally used this
container? Was their a special bolt that held it in, as the stock one is too
short to reach though it to the mounting bolt? Was this a european market
only item?<

Eric

I bought one of the 'pukka' MB ones some time back for my old 560SEL - the
MB parts guy told me there where only 2 left in stock in Germany !

MB part numbers :

        Safety fuel can : B 67 58 0035
        Fitting kit : B 67 58 0037

It fitted inside the plastic 'bowl' insert that fits inside the spare
wheel - the 'fitting kit ' was a longer bolt,  and there were instuctions to
show you how drill a hole in the centre 'post' plastic bowl so the bolt
could pass through

I transferred it to my 190E - it's a great piece of kit which I can
recommend ( the can that is ... )

I can take pictures if anyone is interested

Howard Fulford
Bath
England

190E '89 2.0 litre, 154732 miles