In a message dated 2/21/2007 10:02:27 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Anybody  know the trick for removing the neutral safety switch
on a 123?  I've  got an intermittent fuse-blower on shifting
into reverse, and I suspect the  switch.  I'd like to take it
off and examine it.  If it's toast I  suppose I'll get a new
one, but I'd rather not kill it trying to get it  off.  But
it's _real_ tight under there!

Jim

As I recall, it is two small capscrews (10mm socket) that hold it on. Very
carefully lift the safety clip on the wire connector or it will break off and
you will need a tie rap.  after removing the two screws the whole switch
should just slide off the shifting shaft.  the switch mounting holes are
slotted
for some adjustment of  the neutral position so mark it before you  move it.
Fairly easy to get it back right though.

I am betting you can clean it and get it working again.  They are  pretty
robust but in a VERY dirty location.  You may have to remove the  trans mount
and
push the trans over just a bit to give yourself some working  room.  My 116
has plenty of room.

Jim  Friesen
Phoenix AZ
79 300SD, 264 K miles