Its completely different to the 81-83 version. Pickup is different, wiring is different, guage is different.

andrew strasfogel wrote:
Speaking of tachometers, does anyone know whether an 85 300CD would have a
different tach setup from an earlier (1981 - 1984) W123 turbodiesel?  If so,
would the combination gauges be different for an 85 vs. one of the earlier
years?

1985 300CD
1983 300TD