Forgot mention it, though I guess those with dial-up already know this: a reasonably fast connection is in order for this to work well.
BillR
----- Original Message ----- From: "BillR" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 04, 2007 7:17 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] snow pics 3/3/07, west-central Iowa & Skype

Lookin' good there, Don.   I have downloaded the program and will start
using it.

A suggestion for those with kids / family spread out like mine [Antigua, San Diego and moving to Alaska, Atlanta, SC moving to VA]: the free Skype online telephone program and a cheap web cam [$13 including shipping on eBay] lets you see and talk to anyone anywhere in the world with the Skype program for free using your computer microphone and speakers, or a headset. We got our first views of our quite pregnant dughter over it and chatted with her while
watching her cats play around the room.  One of our friends used theirs to
watch, hear and talk to the grandchildren as they opened Christmas presents.
Nothing but good to say about it so far.  You can use it as a camera-phone
to any computer and they can type responses back if they don't have a web
cam or a microphone.  The program lets you know how many others are making
calls at the same time - usually @ 4 - 5 million.  SO of the child in
Antigua uses it for all international long-distance calls at his business,
though calls to a regular phone do have a cost - but far cheaper than normal telephone calls. We are sending web-cam's with built in microphones to our
kids.
.
BillR
Jacksonville  FL