To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 8:06 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 1991 turbo questions

Lots of possibilites:

Stuck waste gate, so the turbo isn't generating pressure sometimes

Leaking pressure line to ALDA and overpressure valve, or leaking
overpressure valve

Leaking transmission control amplifier so the boost signal doesn't get
to the ALDA

Dead turbo bearings.  This can be checked by removing the intake hose
to the turbo ENGINE OFF and spinning the turbo wheel by hand.  Any
stiff spots, back to front play, or roughness, it's time for a turbo
cartridge.

Peter