From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of John Robbins
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 9:25 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Amtrak

Curt Raymond wrote:
> Depends on what you're doing...
> For my trip to NYC for instance the train is like $180-$190 depending on
which one you get.
> To fly Orbitz found flights for $125 to LaGuardia but I'm working in
Manhattan so I've got another $50 in cabfare round trip.
> So for $5-10 more I can take the train which is more comfortable and more
pleasant overall.

I think I did a bad job trying to say what I wanted...  When I said "Not
saying I'm going to get on an Amtrak tomorrow though... (not in the
northeast... way too expensive)"  I meant "I'm not in the northeast,
..."  so Amtrak really doesn't have any routes near me or to places I
want to go.  If they did I would certainly take an Amtrak as airports
are annoying if nothing else.  I'm also a train nut (although not as
much as that steam guy Chris knows ;)  When I was younger and visiting
my Dad in Chicago it was great because trains were everywhere!  It was
fun to ride down to the train station and watch :) Even saw a steam
train go through the local station once!!

http://www.amtrak.com/pdf/national.pdf

John