From: LarryT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: 03/16/07 06:49 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Vista hits the recyclers
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Hi Kevin,
    Just between you & me, I think MS needed to sell some more software
so
they created Vista where a need had not been shown to exist - at least
not
anything I need.  I like MS because I believe their suite of programs
that
communicated with others at a time when that wasn't a given - *sure*,
it
was self-serving - because they're in business to make money.  But I
don't
want to be a test dummy for a new OS.

    Back to Vista - I am reasonably happy with XP.  It does just about
everything needed even though I'm sure Vista has many enhancements, I
doubt
they're worth (to me) the cost of buying a new OS and agonizing thru the

period of de-bugging.

    People buying new puters are stuck unless they want to do things the
old
fashioned way and are willing to install XP in a new puter.  Not a bad
idea
IMHO.  Since I still have my XP CD I may go that route if I upgrade.

Larry T (67 MGB, 74 911, 78 240D, 91 300D)
PORSCHE POSTERS!  youroil.net
Porsche Road Test http://members.rennlist.com/roadtest/
.