When someone tried to turn left in front of our car a while back, the
rubber bumper strip was completely torn off and the plastic strips that
fasten it to the steel bumper were destroyed.

I purchased a bumper strip from Kaleb and new fastening strips from Rusty
and am now ready to install everything.

The factory service manual mentions nothing about the rubber strips and
sorting through my archives has yielded confusing information.

It seems that what I should do is first attach the plastic strips to the
steel bumper, and then put the rubber strip over the plastic strips.

Is this correct?

Thanks,

Craig