A couple of weeks ago I passed a Mitsubishi eclipse or the like sitting
half-way into my lane, and pointed my direction. There was a young, lanky
man getting out and looking at his wheel jammed up into his front fender and
then slamming his door in shock/embarassment. His girl sat in the passenger
seat. I felt for him. Didn't know if it was a tie-rod or a lug nut issue.

In my teen muscle car years a good buddy lost a front wheel on his Nova -
lugs not affixed properly. The pizza cutter rolled across the intersection.

And I must admit that one day as I cruised along, a small, bouncing object
caught my eye outside my driver window. It bounced along past the car. A lug
nut. I recognized it as one of the extra long shaft type that my Pro Stars
took. DOH!!

We were more concerned about having just the right equipment back then than
we were with making sure it was safely installed. Well, we weren't that bad,
but you get the idea. As much as I hate today's ricer/ghetto mobiles that
some teens and young adults drive, I think that the concept is the same.

Brian