So, my el cheapo '84 300D has become a hot commodity for our 21 yr old
daughter who recently had her parked Volvo 7-series totalled by an
inattentive driver down in San Diego.   This car has been driven almost
daily by my wife, but has been severely neglected by me, due to its
unfortunate penchant for utter reliability, and my disdain for working on
the 123 chassis.  I know it needs lots of front end work, 'cause it chews
through tires at an alarming rate (inners wear really quickly).  And, the
doorlocks and IP shutoff are slow to respond, if at all.

My daughter is flying up on the 2nd, so I have very little time to diagnose
and treat.  Are there any readily available reference materials out there
for fixing a vacuum leak in the door/shutoff circuit?  Any obvious leakage
points I should address first and foremost?   I recently replaced the
driver's door vacuum switch.

TIA