Try here: http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/motornews.shtml
Notice it's a 'mercan group, still with their heads buried in the sand about emissions. I would imagine that if the same study were done in the UK or Europe, the results would be drastically different by their standards.

-----------Robert

Zoltan Finks wrote:
I don't have an internet link, but I saw on TV (Motorweek) in their news
segment that on the list of "meanest" (as opposed to "greenest") vehicles
were the VW Taureg TDI as number 1, and a Mercedes SUV CDI as number 2. And
there were three other diesels in the top ten "meanest", environment-hating
vehicles.

Surprised me - wonder why these diesels' gasser counterparts wouldn't be
considered more polluting than them. I guess the increased fuel efficiency
does not offset the higher-polluting qualities of the frothy stuff.

Brian
whose 83 240D started *immediateley* after sitting the winter through (new
glow plugs last night)