On my 1983 300TD the wipers are keyed to Ignition I but not the 280SE W111.
Perhaps the hot option is the way to go.

On 4/4/07, Jim Cathey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Sounds like this means that the only options for my radio are
> either always "hot" or Ignition II?  Do you recommend that I link
> power to the clock?  Will that mean that the antenna never retracts?

The antenna would retract when the radio was turned off.
The battery would die when the radio was not turned off.
Not sure how good a trade this is.

The Becker Grand Prix radios will actually turn back on
when the key is off if you poke the ON button again.  I
think somebody even said it was timed.  They take both
switched and unswitched power, of course.

I've never looked at the electrical portion of the older
ignition switch to see what is actually available there.

-- Jim