thanks Loren.  Sometimes experience speaks louder than anything. :-)

Ed

On 13/04/07, Loren Faeth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

For any grease fittings (not much on 123 and later cars) I use
Molykote BR2 gun grease.  It is a molybdenum disulfide grease.  On
the door hinges, it works well, using the special fitting adapter
(available at most chain saw stores)   I have used this for 30 some
years.  It is a great product.  the moly is a friction reducing
agent, which in turn extends the life of bearings.  BR2 is good for
window regulators and door checks.  You do need to be careful about
not getting BR2 on cloth/interior components.  I only put Molykote
BR2 in my grease gun.

For light oil, M1 works pretty well.  It does have detergents, so
will wash off in time.

For front wheel bearings, use the MB approved stuff, although I have
used the BR2 there also.  it is a little weepy for that
application.  On my 66 200D, I put BR2 on the wheel bearings 30 some
years ago, and have never re-greased them or had need to replace the
bearings.

for the sunroof, buy the gleitpaste from Rusty.  In a pinch, use the
BR2, because the gleitpaste is a moly  grease.  it appears to be a
little different than the BR2, but it is close.

DO NOT, under any situation, use white lithium if you intend to keep
a car more than a year or two.  White lithium gets dry and hard.  It
causes wear!

Molykote products are available form Motion Industries or other
industrial bearing supply houses.

Herr Doktor Booth will suggest using the MB approved products.  Those
are good.  I have no problem if you are able to get those products
easily. I developed my bad habits long before I learned of Dr.
Booth.  My suggestions are from experience, and are NOT factory approved.

Loren
66 200D since 1972
et all

At 10:56 PM 4/12/2007, you wrote:
>What is a good all around lube for doors, sunroof etc.?  I have used the
>while stuff on other cars, but would like to use something "cleaner" like
>graphite spray.  Would this work well for the sunroof and doors, locks
>etc.?
>
>Also, does anyone have a pic of all the grease points under the car?  I
was
>thinking of loading the gun with some type of good synth grease?  Any
brands
>recommended?
>
>Thanks,
>Ed