I am not sure about the 124 with a gasser, but most cars you can't get the oil pan off with the engine in the car. Most Diesels have a smaller oil sump pan that is removable to allow access to the oil pump. I always use a silicone for-a-gasket, with or without the paper gasket.

You might be able to loosen the bolts in the car enough to be able to squirt a little of the form-a gasket in all around, and then tighten it back up. Sounds like a lot of work for just a drip. You could try some of the leak sealer stuff sold at the FLAPS

Assuming the pan has the typical 6mm allenhead capscrews (5mm wrench size) you want them snug, and that is about all. probably 18-20 Ft-lb. The larger bolts go about 25-28 ft-lb