I forgot to mention one thing about my car for sale -- 1990 300SEL. The
problem with the M103 engine is that valve stems and seals go bad and
the car burns oil. This is common in all of the cars with the engine.
HOWEVER, this repair was already done by the dealer when the car had
about 75,000 miles (IIRC). I have the warranty report from the dealer,
but I left it at work.  I think the stems and seals were updated from
what came out from the factory.   I know that my car doesn't burn any
oil; I change the oil every 3,000 miles and have never had to add any.

Donald H. Snook

1990 300SEL 137K