Reinhard's boyz could R&R the bushings a-ok, but the bearing was a no-go. They even applied heat while it was on the press--no go. They finally gave up. Now what do I do? The heat destroyed the bearing, so I'm indefinitely immobile. Can I use my oxy/ace torch to cut the sucker out, or what? I may
just opt to mail order a good used bearing carrier.

The old farmer trick to removing bearings is to hammer and/or cut out
everything but the outer race, then run a bunch of heavy beads where
the rollers used to sit (same orientation) with the arc welder.  This
shrinks the metal as the beads cool, pulling it away from the walls
of the bearing socket.  Then it just taps out.

This technique also keeps you from ruining the bearing socket, as you
don't end up trying to cut out the race.  (Though real studs can do
this without making a mess, so I'm told.  These are probably the same
studs that can weld two beer cans together cleanly.)

I have never done this, caveat emptor.

-- Jim