From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Loren Faeth
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2007 6:21 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] M103 oil filter location?

Oil filter is a small spin-on at the left rear, behind the air
filter.  It is accessed from the top, but pukes oil out the bottom as
you remove it..  I am guessing the filler plug is a 13mm
hex.  Probably about 30 ft-lb torque.   I suck mine out the top.  You
can make a sucker with a 5 gal plastic bucket, and a vacuum
cleaner.  Somebody will probably post the directions and photos.

At 05:51 PM 4/26/2007, you wrote:
>Hi Everyone,
>
>Going to do the oil on the new to me 300E this weekend.  Has a M103 engine.
>I'm going to do the first change from the bottom as I haven't had any luck
>locating a vacuum pump yet to allow me to do it from the top.  I also want
>to take off the sound shield and give it a good clean.  So, two questions,
>
>Where is the oil filter located, and,
>
>What should I torque the bolt in the pan too?  Oh, if you know the size
>(mm), that's great too.
>
>I'm going with the 20W/50 for this change Larry.  Let you know how it goes.
>
>Thanks everyone,
>
>Ed
>300E

Loren Faeth