Hi Everyone,

Need the spark plug gap for an M103, used in an '88 300E.  Peter, I think
you were close when you mentioned valve guild wear, as I pulled some plugs
tonight and they are very dirty!  Not wet oil, but a hard build up which I'm
sure was causing, or contributing to the miss at idle.  I'll throw new plugs
in tomorrow, and switch to the heavier oil and keep an eye on it for a few
hundred miles and see what happens.  In the mean time, I'll go over all
those potential air leak areas too, just to make it reliable. Being such and
old car with miles, I'll take the next month or so to go over everything and
make it as reliable as I can.  Only had it a few weeks, but not put off yet.
:-)  Providing they don't leave you stranded somewhere, there's a certain
joy that comes with running an old high mileage car. :-)  check back and
make sure I'm still saying that come this Fall. hee hee.

Ed
300E> lots of miles, dirty plugs, but still loving it. :-)