To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2007 12:17 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] How to clean brake dust from alloy (bundt)

On 5/3/07, Glenn Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Andrew,
Unless you plan on repainting, do not use Brillo on your bundt alloy
wheel(s)? I tend to use Simple Green when I wash mine and this does quite a
good job, but yours may be worse.  Worst case scenario, without adversely
affecting the paint/clear coat, I'd try Easy-Off oven cleaner. Good luck.

Anyone know what pros do when they are planning to paint, chrome, or
powdercoat wheels?  There must be some definitive surfactant or
solvent out there that lets you get every last bit of brake dust
without endless scrubbing in the nooks and crannies (those of you with
BBS-type spiderweb wheels know what I'm talking about) but doesn't
harm the aluminum.

Alex Chamberlain
'87 300D Turbo
'93 Isuzu Trooper