The cassette player is doing something strange. Once in a while it makes a "Boom" sound - sometimes 2 in a row, then everything is normal. Once when my wife was listening to an audiobook it stopped, rewound a little then started again - then it did that over and over for a few minutes before continueing to play properly,

I cleaned and demagnetized the heads but that didn't solve the problem.

Any ideas - I've never had or even heard of a problem like this - suggestions? Anyone want to part with a working, un-wanted Becker GP? Mine's in our 1991 W124 300D 2.5t -

Later --

Larry T (67 MGB, 74 911, 78 240D, 91 300D)
PORSCHE POSTERS!  youroil.net
Porsche Road Test http://members.rennlist.com/roadtest/
.