Here's a reply from someone who knows what he is talking about. This job IS
tougher than your job, whatever it was.

<<Yep. Been there. Done that. It looks simple, doesn't it? What they don’t
say is that a man can faint from the heat in a “hot-suit” in East Texas in
August, the pilot can feel the arcing from his microphone to
his teeth, and there can be no electronic controls in the
helicopter. Anything electronic gets confused, so no fly-by-wire or electronic
engine-management.  The helicopters were built in the 1960’s.  It’s hard to get
parts for
them. I’ve put computers in hand-built aluminum Faraday cages, to keep them
from
hanging up when the lineman bonds to the line. It’s challenging, to put a
continuous metal shield around a keyboard and a screen, and out to the sensors
and
actuators.

A hushed problem in this industry is that, no matter what they say, the work
is terrifying, and to do it requires some men to use illegal narcotics.  It
makes it possible for them to work on 500KV lines, but it makes them terrible,
jittery drivers.  We lose more men in traffic than on the wires.>>

RLE

 See what's free at http://www.aol.com.