On May 9, 2007, at 10:49 PM, Jim Cathey wrote:

When my wife got home she sheepishly admitted that upon reflection,
she'd put 15.5 gallons, $50, of gasoline into the car, not diesel.

Ah, yes my wife did that 2 years back too, except it was premium (actually high octane 94 preimum so even more money) She kept her foot on the accelerator so it wouldn't stall out at the lights on the way to the dealer, ran funny she said.

I was out of town, so ]total costs came in at > $250, gas, filters changed by dealer, disposal of fuel (hazard waste you know), oh and renting a car with 30 minutes notice, you want a car, you want it now? Hertz does NOT have a deal for you...

On the plus side 50K miles later there wasn't any impact on the IP or injectors as far as I could tell based on milage or performance.

John
1983 300TDt  386k Kilometers (mobil 1 Delvac)
1990's 300TDt  193k Kilometers (mobil 1 Delvac)
1993 500SEL 190k Kilometers (mobil 1 Delvac)