I always ask the seller what needs to be fixed to make the car perfect,
because they only want to dwell on the positives, no matter how
unimportant/irrelevant to value, e.g. "Never been wrecked {as if this can be
proven], only highway miles, California car [before it came to be in Rhode
Island], recent tune up [for a diesel??}, fresh oil and filter, spare has
never been on the ground, wire wheels, power brakes and steering...".

On 5/17/07, John W. Reames III <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Thu, 17 May 2007, andrew strasfogel wrote:

> It's a genuine money pit, starting with $2K needed to fix the AC and it
goes
> downhill from there...  This is no bargain.

Yep, but the ACC wood is good, the visors look ok and so do they map
pockets and seat covers.

-j.