We had our first ebay experience tonight. Decided to register with ebay and
jump on and bid on a car as the auction was just about 15 min. from ending.
We didn't plan to jump in at the last minute, just worked out that way. I'm
sure it irritated some people, or maybe it happens all the time.

Seems, though, that a number of people wait 'til within the last minute,
maybe the last 5 or 10 seconds and just one-up any competitors. I imagine
that there may be some people that know from experience that, based on their
computer, and on the number of bidders, that they can put in their bid with,
maybe 3 or 4 seconds left and leave anyone else unable to respond in time.

Kinda harsh, but what should I have expected.

Brian