From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of BillR
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2007 1:29 PM
To: 'Mercedes Discussion List'
Subject: [MBZ] actuator trouble

I do need some assistance.  I have pulled the actuators from my rear doors.
They are Swiss made with a clip that holds the long screw-on rod to the top.
That one comes off easily enough by opening the clip.  The replacement ones
from Kaleb have a Mercedes name and logo and part # on them, but the short
screw-on rod,  which also has to be removed by releasing the part that holds
it, I can't figure out.  The short rod goes down into a contraption that is
solid around one side and has three clips that hold the other side, all
seeming to hold down the piece that actually houses the rod, which turns
freely inside it.  Not a clue as to what to do with it, and don't want to
try anything else for fear of doing damage to it.

If that is not enough to trip the collective memories I can post pics or
each one..

Thanks - BillR

Jacksonville FL

1981 300SD  290k miles, with two non-functioning rear door locks.