These things use a header tank that is (a shit, can't think of the word) but you can see the coolant level in them. The level sensor can get filled with crap and make it go wonky but are easy to remove and clean. Doubt the air bubble theory, I have changed coolant in 201's a couple of dozen times and NEVER got a bubble. They are very good at self burbing. If it is getting hot then most likely your temp sensor or electromagnetic clutch have decided to stop working. Could be a stuck thermostat, just cause it is pretty new does not mean it can't fail to do it's job. There are ways of testing the coolant sensor and clutch but that requires experience with your particular model, I can tell you how to do it in a early model 201 but yours may be different. To test the system is a 5 minute job for a competent mechanic.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Craig McCluskey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 1:11 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] can some one help on coolant in 190E

Rich Thomas mentioned the possibility of an air bubble. You could
eliminate that by stopping the car on a steep hill (front end up the hill)
and removing the radiator cap, squeezing the hoses to eliminate any air
bubbles, and filling the radiator to the brim.

It seems to me, though, that the symptoms point to insufficient air flow
through the radiator. Does it have a mechanically driven fan or electric
fan? If it's mechanical, is there a thermostatic clutch on the fan? If
it's electric, does it operate?

Craig