Why was the vehicle RHD?
Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: Rory [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 28 May 2007 12:20 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: [MBZ] OT: Toyota Turbo Diesel

Hey Guys,

Just had an interesting experience at work (US Customs).  A Gentleman
brought a 1989 Toyota 4-runner Turbo Diesel to our Port of Entry to
import into the US.  Upon inspection, this right-hand drive vehicle is
found to have been manufactured in Canada in compliance with both US and
Kalifornia EPA standards, and US DOT standards, per mfg. labeling on
vehicle.

Upon further discussion, I found out that these vehicles were
manufactured for Canadian Post in the Northern Territories.  The vehicle
was showing 112,000 km's and was equipped with a 2.4 Turbodiesel and 5
speed manual trans.  Said to obtain approx 30mpg (Canadian Gallons).

I have some experience with Toyota normally aspirated and turbo'd 2.4's
and found them to be great runners.

Wouldn't mind having something like that, although my 2XL frame and
attendant cushioning doesn't enjoy the Toyota PU's and 4-runners.

Regards,
--
Rory Morrison
Oroville, WA