Tom H said.....Windows XP has no problem connecting to an ftp site without a
special ftp program.

That's true, but it's been my experience that Explorer has problems making
large downloads...e.g. the contents of a CD-ROM.  My company's clients often
upload very large (>1GB) zip files to our ftp site, and have all kinds of
problems with Explorer.  I've also seen it with unzipped directories.  The
transfer just slows down and eventually stops.  We recommend that our users
use a product called Filezilla to do ftp uploads and downloads from our
site.  Besides, it seems to be faster than Explorer...

Royce Engler
'85 300TD  298K (expect to break 300K in the next couple of weeks)