I was always the classsmartass, esp in physics. In high school my physics tchr marked me wrong on a test for Heisenberg's uncertainty principle, where I said it was position and momentum (not velocity). I argued mightily I was correct to no avail til he told me to shut up. So I went to the library after school and looked in about 15 physics books, which were pretty much evenly split on the two answers. So next day I come in with all this, and before I could say anything he grabbed the test and fixed the score and told me I was a smartass. I said, "Thank you!" and the class all laughed like hell. I kept up with him for awhile, he was a funny guy. He was also quite a large gent, and because of his name we nicknamed him "Buzz" and had a saying that Budweiser makes Buzzwider...

One day we had a substitute, a really old retired college prof, I think he was German or East European of some sort, who proceeded to teach us about the pervading "ether."
--R

Craig McCluskey wrote:

(And I have a Ph.D. in
physics! Hangs head in shame ...   :-) )

On Wed, 30 May 2007 09:04:39 -0500 Rich Thomas