Several cogent points here:

Cheapo pads that don't wear the rotors wear out super fast and don't usually
stop the car nearly as well as the OEM pads.  Learned that lesson 25 years ago
-- stick with the OEM ones, rotor wear is normal, and they are cheap.  Much
cheaper than rear-ending someone because your cheapo pads overheated and quit
working right.

Second, if the ceramic pads (or any other for that matter) do not have the
heavy anti squeal coating on the back of the backing plate, you MUST use an
anti-squeal shim or they will scream.  Also make positively certain that the
slots in the calipers are completely clean, otherwise the pad will stick,
causing both drag and squeal.

Another cause of squeal is tired caliper piston seal not retracting the piston
enough, allowing minor drag and hence uneven wear.

Last, when installing new rotors, use some heavy sandpaper to rough them up
(not the newest ones where you dont' remove the coating, though) -- most of
them are turned these days, not ground, and if you don't rough up the surface,
the spiral groove left by the manufacturing process will cause them to groan
for quite a while, even after they wear it some.  Not pleasant.

Peter